Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Gray Days of March Beat The Snow

March's Gray Skies

gray skies

gray skies above cemetary

march gray skies

grass after the snow melted

March arrived with gray skies and rain that melted most of the snow. It was nice to see grass around after the snow from the big snow storm melted. It is always peaceful around a cemetery and why are they always located on a hill? I drive around our area more during my day job and noticed all the cemeteries are on a hill. 
Is it because they are closer to heaven?

9 comments:

  1. I'm not sure why cemeteries are always on hills, but it's nice to see some scenery without snow in it. It's been gray and cold and snowy here for the past few days. I'm ready for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi George, yes, I agree, tired of the snow by now. It's so pretty at the beginning of the winter but by March, most of us get sick of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure is nice to see the grass again... now just can't wait for longer days and GREEN grass and warm weather! It's almost here! THanks for the reminder. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can't wait but looks like more snow may cover it for a short time.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these pictures are amazing. Luckily i live in a part of California where get sun sun and more sun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky You Kyle! We need sunlight around here :)

      Delete
  6. I like walking around cemeteries.
    Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is peaceful, isn't it Happyone? A little odd at some cemetaries where I know a lot of the folks in them.

      Delete